Tuesday, September 23, 2008



Sept. 21 was World Alzheimer's Day.
I'm sending this card to ; my Mother.


My grandmother has alzheimers, we just found out a few months ago. My mother, has been spending her every spare minute with Nan, cooking, cleaning, making sure she takes her meds, and attending Doctor app. with her.


I would like to thank my mother for all her love and comitment to her mother.


You're doing a wonderful thing.




I found this blog link through a link on sisterhood of scrap;








Please check it out, and send out a card to someone today.






What's inside of a caregiver's heart?


Just for a moment, let's pick it apart.


I want to find out what makes it tick.


Why does one take care of the sick?
Here's the scalpel, let's take a look.


For this we'll need no anatomy book.


What's this I see? A stain I fear,


From many a tear over many a year.
This scar here is a fracture line,


One we hid when we said we're fine.


That deep mark there, it shows the pain,


From being accused of looking for gain.
There! Look there! See all that sorrow?


It's for the loved one who's lost tomorrow.


How can it function? How can it cope?


Surely by now it should lose all hope.
What is this glue that makes it strong?


Battered and bruised, it still goes on.


What keeps this heart from falling apart?


Love binds together A Caregiver's Heart.
© 1999, Jerry Ham


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great poem! I am sorry to hear about your nan. So sad, isn't it!